I don’t have a lot of pictures to post today but I actually got quite a bit done over the weekend. I took advantage of the nice weather on Saturday and pulled my table saw out of the shop onto the gravel driveway where I would have plenty of room. My table saw has the great feature of being able to collapse and transported around so it wasn’t difficult. I then began the huge job of cutting 12 inches off the particle board shelves and MDF top pieces. It was a little tricky all by myself but I took it slowly and used my rollers to support the sheet as it passed through the saw. The good news is after the eighth one I had the system down. The bad news is after the eighth one I was done. That was probably the most difficult part of this job.
I then began the task of assembling the frames. I made quick work of the first one with my screw gun. I temporarily put the leg posts in place to see how it looks. The next step is to cut out the holes in the shelf to accomodate the leg posts. I decided, in the interest of making it nice, I would cut square holes for the legs to pass through so the shelf itself remains in one piece. In this picture, you can see how it will go together.